Judge Merrick Garland is frequently rumored to be a potential Supreme Court nominee. But yesterday Politico floated him as “a potential contender” for two Executive branch jobs: Attorney General and Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Those positions are currently filled by Eric Holder who “is sure to go at some point,” and Janet Napolitano who is also reported to be interested in the Attorney General job.
- Greenhouse Gas Case Sparks Double Dissent from Denial of Rehearing En Banc
- Reply: Political Question Answer to Recess Appointment Test
- Today’s Opinion: Court Upholds SSA’s Nondisclosure of Top Employers of Undocumented Workers
- D.C. Circuit Mulls Challenge to NLRB Recess Appointments
- Today’s Opinions: FCC Data Roaming Rule and NLRB Discovery Order Upheld
- Wallach on Chevron Deference and “Muddling Through”
- Chief Judge Sentelle to Take Senior Status