Opinions by Judge Ginsburg
Click case names for blog posts and case numbers for slip opinions.
- Rudder v. Williams, No. 10-7101 (Jan. 17, 2012) (Ginsburg, J., joined by Henderson & Kavanaugh, JJ.)
- Heller v. District of Columbia, No. 10-7036 (D.C. Cir. Oct. 4, 2011) (Ginsburg, J., joined by Henderson, J., with dissent by Kavanaugh, J.)
- Mohamad v. Rajoub, No. 09-7109 (D.C. Cir. Mar. 18, 2011) (Ginsburg, J., joined by Tatel & Garland, JJ.), aff’d sub. nom. Mohamad v. Palestinian Authority, No. 11-88, (S. Ct. April 18, 2012) [Torture Victims Protection Act] (affirming dismissal)
- Hard Rock Holdings v. NLRB, No. 11-1104 (Mar. 23, 2012) (Rogers, J., joined by Edwards, S.J., and Ginsburg, S.J.) [NLRB] (denying petition for review of union election certification)
- Hamilton v. Geithner, No. 10-5419 (Jan. 17, 2012) (Tatel, J., joined by Garland, J., and Ginsburg, S.J.) [Title VII]
- Nat’l Ass’n of Home Builders v. EPA, No. 10-5341 (Dec. 9, 2011) (Henderson, J., joined by Ginsburg, J., and in part by Kavanaugh, J.) [Clean Water Act]
- American Airlines, Inc. v. TSA, No. 10-1418 (Dec. 6, 2011) (Sentelle, C.J., joined by Ginsburg, J., & Williams, S.J.) [Baggage-screening system reimbursement]
- NRDC v. EPA, No. 10-1105 (Oct. 28, 2011) (Williams, S.J., joined by Edwards, S.J. & Ginsburg, S.J.) [Clean Air Act]
- United States v. Khanu, No. 10-3039 (Oct. 7, 2011, amended Dec. 9, 2011) (per curiam, joined by Ginsburg & Brown, JJ., with opinion concurring in part and dissenting in part by Sentelle, C.J.) [Criminal Tax]
- ACLU v. DOJ, No. 10-5159 (Sept. 6, 2011) (Garland, J., joined by Ginsburg, J., & Williams, S.J.)
- Khan v. Obama, No. 10-5306 (Sept. 6, 2011) (Garland, J., joined by Sentelle, C.J., & Ginsburg, J.)
- Remarks Upon Receiving the Lifetime Service Award of the Georgetown Federalist Society Chapter, 10 Georgetown J. of L. & Pub. Pol’y 1 (2012) (pdf)
- Henry G. Manne Law and Economics Conference: Unlocking the Law, George Mason Law School (Nov. 2012).
- Moot Court: University of Virginia Semifinal Round (Feb. 18, 2012).